December 21, 2015 at 1:33 pm
For many of us, Christmas can be a tough time. If you are in need of help during the festive period, below is a list of useful services and their opening times, should you need someone to talk to.
- Adult Crisis Mental Health: 0300 555 0334 – open throughout.
- Bipolar UK: 0207 931 6480 – closed Christmas Day until 4th January.
- Bristol Mindline: 0808 808 0330 – Wednesday to Sunday, 8pm to midnight, including Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
- Caring in Bristol: 0117 924 4444 – 60 bedded hostel (18+) open 3pm, 23rd December until 10am 2nd January.
- Caring in Bristol: Bristol Nightstop (emergency housing for 16-25) – 07979878814, closed 24th and 25th December, open after this but not yet clear if open NYE or New Years Day.
- Childline: 08001111 – open throughout.
- National Mindline: 0300 123 3393 – 9am-4pm Christmas Eve & New Year’s Eve, 9am-6pm 29th and 30th December, closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day, 27th and 28th December, and New Year’s Day.
- Off the Record (limited service) St Michael’s Hill will be closed on the following days:
- Thursday December the 24th (Christmas Eve)
- Friday December the 25th (Bank Holiday)
- Saturday December the 26th (Bank Holiday)
- Thursday December the 31st (New Years Eve)
- Friday January the 1st (Bank Holiday)
- Saturday January 2nd
In the week between Christmas and New Year, St Michael’s will be open for IAPT/CYP-IAPT appointments and drop-ins only on 29th & 30th December.
- Partnership Outreach Team: Inpatient support for under 18s – 0117 925 1046.
- Samaritans: 0845 90 90 90 – open throughout.
- The Sanctuary: 0117 954 2952 – 7pm-2am Christmas Day, Boxing Day, 27th & 28th December, New Year’s Day, 2nd, 3rd and 4th January. For ages 16+.
- The Station: Closed but reopens on the 4th January.
- Womankind: 0845458 2914 – closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, 28th December, New Year’s Eve & New Year’s Day.
- 1625 Independent People: Open as usual 9am-5pm weekdays with the exception of closing at 3.30pm on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, and closed Christmas Day, Mon 28th and New Year’s Day.
Please note: BIMHN is not responsible for any external services. We provide these contact numbers in good faith.
December 21, 2015 at 1:33 pm | News | No comment